Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Capellini Pomodoro with a Poached Egg

For some reason, I was craving capellini with a poached egg even though I have never eaten such a thing before. I googled it and apparently people put poached eggs on pasta all the time, so I didn't feel so weird. I also cooked up some chard from the garden. I did some 'scissor-cooking' tonight and chopped all the greens with kitchen scissors. So easy!
Max and I got Italian food last week and on top of the pasta was freshly chopped parsley. For some reason, it totally changed the dish and tasted fantastic! Olivia kindly picked some basil and I cut that up with some parsley from my aunt and uncle's garden. So delicious. And the egg really was just what I was craving (:
And Olivia found the camera! But I really haven't gotten the hang of indoor pictures yet, thanks for your patience with the funky photos.





Capellini Pomodoro with a Poached Egg
you will need:
capellini, cooked
your favorite tomato sauce
two eggs
chopped parsley
salt and pepper

I poach eggs in a pasta strainer, you know the ones with a handle? I think that's called a strainer...no, it's called a spider! My mistake (: I set the spider into the boiling water and crack the egg into it. That way the egg doesn't get everywhere and when it's done, you just lift the egg out and tip it upside down onto a dish.
So, warm the sauce in a pan and add the cooked pasta. Stir to ensure an even coating of all the pasta.
Plate the pasta, then set the egg on top. Crack fresh pepper over the top and add a little salt over the eggs. Sprinkle with parsley et voila!
Bon Appetit

No comments:

Post a Comment