Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Quinoa Patties

I had a pot of quinoa on the stove when I decided to look in Heidi Swanson's "super natural every day" for a quinoa recipe. It included a recipe for quinoa patties. I didn't feel in the mood for them until I saw that she recommended drizzling them with hot sauce. I caught the bottle of Tapatio out of the corner of my eye and I knew it was meant to be.

As I said, I adapted Heidi Swanson's recipe on the fly, because once you have the idea of mixing eggs and cheese with quinoa, you can create these a hundred different ways with whatever is in the kitchen. She recommends adding any vegetables and serving them with a variety of condiments.

Recipe:

I took 2 cups of the cooked, drained quinoa and mixed it with white cheddar cheese. The quinoa was still hot, so the cheese melted and helped to hold it together. Then I added 1 egg, some flour, salt, freshly cracked pepper, paprika and a spoonful of crushed garlic. Then, you simply drop spoonfuls of dough into a hot frying pan with a little bit of oil. When you flip them, be sure to flatten them out so that they get cooked through.







No comments:

Post a Comment